torsdag 23 februari 2012

Review: Makeup Geek eyeshadows!

Hello everybody! :)

First of all I would like to say thank you to Makeupgeek for sending me these eyeshadows! :) Ever since they got out I've wanted to try them out and today I got twelve of them to dig my makeup brushes into.
And to my readers: I assure you that this review is honest and that the opinions are completely my own. I wasn't paid to do this review or anything.

I know I said earlier that I'm not that fond of swatches - well, I've changed my mind completely about them! :) Swatches are great, how could I miss that fact before? And they're fun to make too!

Anyway, I've divided the Makeup geek eyeshadows I got into two categories; natural and colorful. My overall impression is that they are really good eyeshadows and absolutely worth the $5.99 that you can buy them for at www.makeupgeek.com. However, the pigmentation varies between the different shadows.

To make this review easier to grip I'm going to rate them from 1-5 where 1 is lowest and 5 is the highest.

The natural


From left to right: Glamorous, Mocha, Latte, Cocoa bear, Purely naked and Country girl.






The colorful


From left to right: Poolside, Peacock, Sensuous, Wisteria, Razzleberry and Chickadee.




Now we're going to dig deeper into the colors. :)

NOTE: THE SWATCH TO THE LEFT IS THE EYESHADOW ON TOP OF NYX JUMBO PENCIL IN "MILK" AND THE SWATCH TO THE RIGHT IS ON TOP OF BARE SKIN. 

Glamorous is a golden bronze with a shimmery finish. The pigmentation for this eyeshadow is great and it's actually not that much difference when putting it on top of NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Milk".
This is one of my favorites from the MUG eyeshadows!

Rating: 5

Mocha is a matte dark brown, a basic color that suits every makeup bag! I didn't find the pigmentation of this eyeshadow superduper good but it's not bad either.
On top of NYX Jumbo pencil in "Milk" it looks just great!

Rating: 3

Latte is another coffee-shadow which has a medium brown color and a matte finish. This has not as good pigmentation but as you can see in the picture using NYX Jumbo pencil in "Milk" will solve the problem.

Rating: 2.5


Cocoa bear is another one of my favorites. It has a cuddly, warm reddish brown color - just like your favorite teddy bear! :)
Not too bad pigmentation and it looks great both with and without a white base.

Rating: 5


Purely naked, a soft nude brown with a subtle shimmer.
This one has a great pigmentation!

Rating: 4

Country girl, is another reddish/pinkish brown, but in contrast with Cocoa bear it has small flecks of shimmer in it. It is a pretty color but the pigmentation isn't that good unless you use the white base.

Rating: 2,5


Poolside was the eyeshadow that attracted me most of all of the Makeup geek eyeshadows and it didn't leave me disappointed! I love teal and this one has a pretty golden shimmer in it. Love, love, love! :D

Rating: 5

Peacock was quite a disappointment. It's also a teal but a really dark one. Unfortunately the pigmentation is poor and looks kind of grey on my skin. Here, the NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Milk" really makes the difference!

Rating: 2

Sensuous is a pretty, pretty purple with shimmer and flecks of sparkly silver. The pigmentation of Sensuous is not too bad but it could have been better. Overall I really like this shadow!

Rating: 4

Wisteria is a matte lavender which makes me think of cupcakes and candy. The pigmentation is a little bit too poor though and since I'm so pale it doesn't show up so bright on my skin.

Rating: 2,5

Razzleberry was one of the shadows on which I had high hopes. I love red eyeshadow but most red eyeshadows shows up quite pale on the skin. This one is unfortunately not an exception.
When put over NYX Jumbo Pencil, though, it is utterly pretty with it's golden sparkles so I can't do anything but liking it! :)

Rate: 4


Chickadee is a burnt orangey yellow with a matte finish. It is crazy pigmented and the color is quite unique. When put on top of NYX Jumbo Pencil in "Milk" it turns out a little more orange.

Rating: 5


So, as I said, overall I really like these eyeshadows! :) I'm definitely going to try out the rest of them as well some day!
Tomorrow I will probably make a tutorial, either with these shadows of with my new M.A.C. ones.

I hope that this review has been helpful!












Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar