tisdag 30 oktober 2012

Scorpio

So, here comes the next look in the Zodiac series, Scorpio. To me Scorpio is a dark and mysterious sign and the color I associate with it is dark red. I figured that the makeup look that best would describe this Zodiac sign is a grey smokey eye with sharp, red eyeliner. :)



As eyeliner I have used the rusty, blood-red gel liner Poison by Makeup Geek. I like it a lot, even though it clogs my brush just as Fame did. Another drawback with it is that it doesn't show up as good if you use it on a darker background. I tried doing this look with a darker shade of grey but the red just "disappeared".


For the lips, a burgundy red suits the Scorpio ladies. :) To emphasize it I applied black in the corners of my lips.


Positive traits
*Hard-working and determined
*Intense and vigorous
*Intelligent, intuitive and analytical
*Charming and elegant
*Sexy and mysterious

Negative traits
*Jealous and wants to control their partner
*Introvert and sometimes too secretive
*Suspicious and tends to overblow things
*Often takes life a bit too seriously
*Vengeful, bitter and cruel

Good matches: Cancer, Pisces and Capricorn

Bad matches: Scorpio, Aquarius, Aries and Virgo




Face
*Skin base foundation 02 (Illamasqua)
*Studio Finish Concealer (M.A.C.)

Eyebrows
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek) 

Eyes
*Milk Jumbo Pencil (NYX)
*Galaxy (Makeup Geek)
*White lies (Makeup Geek)
*Corrupt (Makeup Geek)
*Medium Pencil S.O.P.H.I.E. (Illamasqua)
*Lashes: Ardell #105 

Lips
*Medium Pencil S.O.P.H.I.E. (Illamasqua)
*Burgundy red lip pencil 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Well, that's about it! :) I was planning to participate in the monthly theme challenge at sophistiquenoir.com but we'll see if I manage to create a look for it tomorrow or on Thursday.

Thank you so much for reading and hope to see you soon! Have a lovely day, evening or whatever it is where you are! :)



6 kommentarer:

  1. This looks awsome! I think i will do something like this next weekend *_*
    I hope red liner goes well with jade-green eyes :/

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you Sarah! I'm glad to have inspired you. :) Yes, I think it will look lovely with your eye color. :)

      Radera
  2. So beautiful! I love how you did the lips :-) Something is so different about your pictures here, I almost didn't recognize you! Is it the hair?? (maybe I'm just crazy)
    Either way- exquisitely beautiful :-)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks a lot! It is the eyes that are different! ;)

      Radera
  3. That is an awesome colour of red eyeliner! Great look!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Thanks a lot! I'm a Scorp and I find this look strongly alluring, so I guess there is something to this whole Zodiac sign thing. Also, dark red eyliner kicks ass.

    Love,

    Nina

    SvaraRadera