måndag 17 december 2012

Blog banner inspired look

Lately I've been feeling very un-confident with my makeup work and the pictures I take. Whenever I've done a look it felt like it wasn't good enough and that the pictures I took were just insufficient. I guess all artists have such periods some times.
The other day however I did a look that actually turned out the way I intended it to and the pictures I took of it were not bad at all! I hardly had to edit them, even. :)


This is the look that I will be wearing at New Years Eve (at least that's what I'm planning to wear right now...). I am not going to any fancy party but glittery makeup is always fun. :)


And the glitter actually showed up on the pictures! :D *YAY!*


I figured nude lips would look best with this look.


On my lips I have Darling by Makeup Geek, which is by far my favorite nude lipstick, and on top of that the lipgloss Edelweiss by Face Stockholm (which tastes and smells terrible...).



Step 1. Put some Scotch tape on the outer corner of your eye. This will help creating a crisp edge to the eyeshadow. :) Then, apply a black gel liner as a base on your whole lid. Blend out the edge slightly.


Step 2. On top of the black base, apply a matte black eyeshadow.


Step 3. Above the black, apply a shimmery medium purple/plum. This is going to act as a transition color, which will make the vibrant, matte purple we are adding later a lot easier to blend. The eyeshadow I've used for this step is Sensuous by Makeup Geek.


Step 4. Now, take a vibrant matte purple (Poison plum by Sugarpill, for instance...) and apply it over the transition color. The only way to get a perfect gradient here is to apply, blend, apply, blend... etc. until you are satisfied.


Step 5. As a highlight color I used the lavender purple Wisteria by Makeup Geek. Apply on your browbone and blend it downwards. Then, you can add some more Poison plum blend, add Wisteria again and blend. Do so until the gradient is smooth and even.


Step 6. Remove the tape and clean up underneath your eyes.


Step 7. Black eyeliner and black eyeshadow on the lower lash line.


Step 8. Apply some of Poison plum under the eye and blend out. Apply foundation, concealer and powder.


Step 9. Mascara, false eyelashes and then some gunmetal glitter on the lid. There are several methods of making the glitter stick to your skin, but the one I like best is to first put on some glitter eyeliner and before it dries pat on some dry glitter.


Step 10. With a liquid eyeliner draw a series of "sloppy" circles (that is, don't bother if they are not completely round...), C-shapes and dots.


Step 11. Fill the dots with glitter.


Step 12. Fill in your eyebrows and you're done!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what about you guys, what kind of makeup are you going to wear at New Years Eve? :) Will you go for something with glitter? Something colorful?

Thanks a lot for reading and hope you have a lovely day! :)




17 kommentarer:

  1. Love! How do you feel about trying this with cranberry instead of plum/purple? What lip color would match?

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. ^_^ That would definitely work just fine! Maybe cranberry "background" and a burgundy glitter in the leopard dots. Match it with a dark red, matte lipstick like "Cherry bomb" by Wet n Wild. :)

      Radera
  2. This look is totally gorgeous! I might try it myself some day, I'm not good at blending but practice makes perfect.

    I hope you feel better soon, the winter is hard on us Nordic bloggers, it's so damn dark all the time! I have a decent external flash buy my pics still tend to come out poopy.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much! A tip with the blending is to use an eyeshadow in your skin tone or a face powder to help the colored eyeshadow fade into your skin more softly. :)

      I need to get an external flash as well but I think the one in my camera is ok most of the time.

      Radera
  3. This is gorgeous, will be trying it soon! Unfortunately it won't go with my vintage flapper dress for new years, but I do intend to wear lots of glitter!

    SvaraRadera
  4. This is beautiful! You look beautiful! It's all so beautiful!! LOL!
    P.S. I know exactly what you mean by feeling not-so-confident with your makeup looks. I do that too. Maybe we are being too hard on ourselves? :-( GRANTED, I know I have my bad days- you, on the other hand, I doubt it! :-)
    Best wishes and happy new year!!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much dear! Your comments are always so heartwarming! ^_^

      Radera
  5. I love leopard print! I always think you do such a wonderful job on all of your makeup looks =D

    SvaraRadera
  6. Stunning! I've been following your blogs for a while now and love your ideas xoxo

    SvaraRadera
  7. Love this! The dark purple looks so nice with your blue eyes.

    SvaraRadera