måndag 21 januari 2013

Birthstones: Garnet

First day at my new trainee job and I'm dead tired but it has been fun! :) I had already prepared this post for you this past weekend but I've saved it until now.

This will be a new makeup series based on the birthstones for different months. I know that there are different variations on which stone is for which month but I will stick to the one that I learnt when I was little... I am not sure if I am going to do the stones in order or if I am going to just do them as I get inspired, and publish them when I am finished rather than the accurate look for the corresponding month. We'll see. :)

So the birth stone for January is garnet, which is dark, deep red.


I wanted to do something very gothic and I figured that this would be the perfect opportunity since the colors of a garnet definitely are goth-look-appropriate. :)


Don't you just love thin, extremely arched brows like these? :) I guess they are not for everybody, but for a gothic look they are just lovely.


Blood red lips finishes the look!



Step 1. After priming your eyes, apply NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean to the inner and outer corner of your eye and Milk in the center. Blend out with your finger, a brush or your big toe. Whatever you feel most comfortable with. ;)


Step 2. In the center of your eyelid, apply Love+ by Sugarpill. Pat it on and layer it to achieve an opaque and vibrant red color.


Step 3. On each side and "on top of" Love+, apply Bitten by Makeup Geek, or any other dark burgundy red eyeshadow.


Step 4. Blend. Blend. Blend. And blend a little more.


Step 5. Eyeliner pencil on the waterline (upper and lower...). Apply first Bitten on the lower lid and then, blend it out with Love+.


Step 6. Apply the base and clean up around the eyes. Make sure everything looks smooth and blended.


Step 7. I chose thin, very arched eyebrows for this look to give it a little more vampiric appearance. You can of course wear your brows however you like!


Step 8. First, apply a thin line of black eyeliner on the upper lash line and smudge it out. Use black eyeshadow to soften it even further. Then, apply mascara and false eyelashes (these are Red Cherry #43). On the inner corner and underneath the eyebrow, highlight with NYX Milk and then pat some matte white eyeshadow on top.

Step 9. Combine with a blood red or black lip and your done! :D To achieve the lip color for this look I lined my lip with a soft black eyeliner pencil and then smudged the liner in towards the middle of the lip. On top, apply Elegant by Makeup Geek or other dark red lipstick.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And as a dramatic end to this post I will give you an outfit picture, with my new corset from Tokill4. Isn't it lovely? :D Too bad that the details aren't very visible... The skirt is from Burleska and the top H&M.


Hello, I'm short and have no neck... :P

I hope you liked the look and the tutorial. Thank you for reading! :)






15 kommentarer:

  1. Very pretty! I like the makeup, but I love the outfit post! I find it rather hard to look gothy and stylish in winter, but your outfit looks warm and sexy!

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thanks! :) I definitely agree; it is hard to look gothy and stylish in winter. This outfit works indoors at least. :)

      Radera
  2. Another WOW makeup look. I usually overdo it when I try red eyeshadow. Now I see how to really make it work.

    I love it when you post outfits! The shape of that corset is fabulous.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you so much! ^_^ Unfortunately, it is indeed very easy to overdo red eyeshadow. I think a good rule of thumb is to always add a lot of black along with the red.

      Thanks again! I have never had a corset that reduce my waist that much and still feel comfortable before so I am very happy with this one!

      Radera
  3. You look fabulous!!! Make up was divine!!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Gorgeous! AND YES! I absolutely ADORE thin arched eyebrows! Especially on you! Beautiful look and I love your inspiration. Great idea. And MEOW with that outfit, girl. Smokin!

    SvaraRadera
  5. I am absolutely in love with this look. Love the whole vampiric and vibrancy of it. You look stunning! I'm looking forward or all birthstone posts.

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! :) I intended it to be very vampiric so I'm glad to hear that! :D I definitely look forward to create more birthstone posts! :)

      Radera
  6. Love this!! You look absolutely fantastic. I've always been afraid of red eyeshadow but now I simply must buy Love+! Look forward to the next 11 installments. You've also inspired me to get out my corset. ;)

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! :) I highly recommend Love+, it's an amazing eyeshadow. Haha, I'm glad to have inspired you! :D

      Radera
  7. Love the red in the look, and your look is beautiful, kick ass corset :)

    BARBARELLA maquill-ARTE

    SvaraRadera
  8. This is SO pretty! I love the shape of your eyeshadow. And of course, the red eyeshadow really compliments your blue eyes :) You are very talented!

    SvaraRadera
  9. Awesome outfit and great makeup! I am jealous of your brows.

    SvaraRadera