onsdag 5 juni 2013

In The Claws Of The Jungle Cat

Leopard print can be either too tacky or simply awesome. I prefer it in sassy colors such as red, purple or vibrant turquoise. Above all in red. :) And of course I thought this would be perfect to share with you on Red and Black week!

I'm sorry about the lack of pictures for the "tutorial"; I was far too eager to do this design and when I remembered that I was supposed to take pics for the tutorial I was already half-way through. XD

This is one of the easiest nail art manis you can do and yet it doesn't look so. What you need is a base nail polish in your chosen color, a darker shade of nail polish of the same color, black nail polish and some kind of dotting tool (you could use a toothpick or a bobby pin!) and a top coat.



Step 1. Paint your basic layer on. Two coats are often sufficient to get it opaque. Wait until its dry.

Step 2. Using the dotting tool and the darker nail polish do some irregular dots on your nails. Again, wait for it to dry.

Step 3. Using the dotting tool again, pick up some black nail polish (I usually paint it on a piece of plastic so it will be easier to pick it up) and draw semi-circles around the darker dots you did in Step 2. Then, do some smaller black dots in between the larger specks. Wait for the design to dry.

Step 4. Apply a top coat to preserve the design and add some shine!


Would you wear this nail art design? Thank you for stopping by! :)




7 kommentarer:

  1. looking nice :) I always to lazy to do nail art :D But I really like it .

    SvaraRadera
  2. Awesome! I'm used to having short nails since I started playing the guitar, it annoys me if they grow longer, but still, I wish I could do stuff like this with my nails. ^^

    SvaraRadera
  3. Whoa! I would have thought those were made with nail stickers. :D Awesome, that you know how to do those, I could not make that, without like a month of practise. ^^

    SvaraRadera
  4. lol i'm going to have to respectfully disagree and say that leopard print manicures are not easy. at least for me. it always looks like a little kid did it when I try.

    SvaraRadera
  5. I used to despise animal print but now I love it as long as its NOT done in the typical browns and oranges. I have a couple of leopard tops in huge, grey and black that I can't get enough of. I don't see a lot of it in bright colors but I really like your version! And it does sound simple, yet looks so elaborate. I hope it will work with gel polish because I have to give it a try!

    SvaraRadera
  6. Wow, I wish I had the patience for that. Beautiful nails!

    SvaraRadera
  7. Man, I love these so much! This series is a favorite!

    SvaraRadera