torsdag 15 augusti 2013

Zebra!

I was doodling in my sketchbook a couple of weeks ago and came up with this look. You all know how fond I am of leopard print and when I thought about doing more animal print makeup looks the zebra print was a must-do! It actually turned out better in real life than I thought it would.


The zebra pattern was drawn with a liquid eyeliner and for those of you who want to know how to replicate this; I'm sorry but I don't know any shortcuts. You actually will have to draw this pattern by hand.





Face
*Skin base foundation 02  (Illamasqua)

Eyebrows
*Medium pencil Sophie (Illamasqua)
*#391 (Inglot) 

Eyes
*Medium pencil Sophie (Illamasqua)
*Jumbo Pencil Milk (NYX)
*#391 (Inglot) 
*Dollipop (Sugarpill)
*Tako (Sugarpill)
*Waterproof Glossy eyeliner (Isadora)
*Crappy upper falsies and individual ones with glued on rhinestones

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When doing creative makeup like this look you will sooner or later get the question "Do you really go out wearing that??!". First of all, there is nothing wrong with wearing makeup like this out (even for work if your employer permits you to do so!) as long as it's something you feel comfortable with. Something that you feel is part of your personality. For me, however, it is not, so the answer to the question above will be no, I don't go out with makeup like this. "Then why the hell do you do looks that you don't feel comfortable wearing out??!!" Hah! I saw that one coming from miles away and I'm already armed with an answer: Because I feel like it. It's as simple as that. The creative process is often more enjoyable for me than actually wearing a look.

Thank you for reading and hope you liked the look! :) 



9 kommentarer:

  1. Hi,
    very nice eye make up =)
    kisses
    Marghe

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hermoso :D me encantaron las pestañas de abajo

    barbarellamaquill-arte.blogspot.mx

    SvaraRadera
  3. hello! this make up is really great : ) and so is what you said about wearing creative make up outside ; )

    SvaraRadera
  4. I do wear very dramatic and creative makeup outside because I enjoy it. And yes, I do hear occasional stupid comments and I either ignore them or laugh at them. You are so talented...please show some more drawings. I cannot draw for the life of me...

    By the way, you were missed. :*

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Way to go! :D I sometimes wear creative makeup outside as well but mostly for special occasions. Usually I just go for a dark smokey eye with black lips.

      Thanks! You're so sweet! ^_^

      Radera
  5. Gorgeous! I love the lower lashes, very cute!

    SvaraRadera